The leaders of Action In Montgomery are people who want to transform our world—from what it is to what it could be.
AIM’S Leadership Team consists of leaders from AIM member institutions. This team manages the budget and develops AIM’s Strategic Plan. Yet, it is the AIM County Wide Action Team Leaders who then discuss, tweak and votes on the Leadership Team’s Strategic Proposals. Both AIM’s Leadership Team and County Wide Leaders lead in the implementation of AIM campaigns.
Role: Build power to win on economic and social justice issues that are most pressing to AIM members. Set audacious goals, reflect, think through strategy and take on the powerful interests that stand in the way.
AIM County Wide Action Team Leaders: Consists of AIM leaders from AIM’s 30 member institutions. They build power to win on economic and social justice issues that are most pressing to AIM members. Discuss, tweaks and votes on all major proposals that are generated from the AIM Leadership Team. Acts on our interests to transform the world from what it is to what we believe it should be. AIM’s County Wide Action Team meets 4-6 times a year.
ROLE OF COUNTY WIDE ACTION TEAM LEADERS
• Help lead Core Team Meetings at your member institution. Update members of your church/organization about AIM issues and get feedback from them. When you vote on AIM matters at County Wide it should reflect the needs of your institution.
• Deliberate & vote on AIM matters. AIM’s Leadership Team sets the agenda for AIM but it is the County Wide Action Team that votes to approve or change AIM’s agenda.
• Understand the needs and interests of the members of your congregation/organization. Do Relational Meetings and House Meetings. Create a regular pattern of doing relational meetings each month. Do House Meetings from time to time to get to know the needs of your fellow members and/or neighbors.
• Active in a local issue campaign and/or other AIM campaign, such as building the AIM Core Team at one’s congregation/institution.
• Lead in implementing AIM’s agenda. Both Leadership Team and County Wide Action Team leaders are the leads in implementing AIM’s agenda.
• Attend local trainings. AIM staff and/or leaders will do mini-trainings at County Wide Action Team Meetings and periodic local trainings at nearby congregations. Metro DC IAF staff also provide a 3-day leadership training twice a year. And, 2-3 times a year there are 5 and 7-day trainings held in the Mid-Atlantic/New England region.